Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Gone to be an Angel

My hiatus from blogging is over. I'm back in full swing, but not without explaining myself first.

My dearest Meme passed away a couple of Sundays ago. It's been difficult to deal with, but all-in-all I'm coping. My sweet, beautiful hero is now looking down on me from Heaven with my dad and grandfather, Papa. It still makes me cry. I told Josh I don't want to get over it because I don't want to forget, but to be honest, you never forget a woman like Meme.

She was loving, generous and loyal. She also never put up with nonsense. She'd always say, "that's silly," and If she saw me crying right now, she'd say the same. 

Her funeral was open-casket, but I couldn't go up and see her because I knew it would send me into uncontrollable tears. I'd swear I've seen her casket in a dream. It was almost all how I would've envisioned. I just wish they would've played her favorite hymn, "Just As I Am," I wish I could've said something and most of all, I wish she was still here. 

My heart hurts everyday, but I hide it. I feel lost without her. Since her death I've been so overwhelmed with feelings I don't even know what to do. I feel like nothing is right. 

But she'd rather have her legacy live on through my better actions and through the lives of those she so dearly touched. So I have to be strong and I have to try. I promise to try to live each day to the fullest and show more love to people in my life. I miss you Meme. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to your birth month Baby K

November is finally here. Some days have gone by more slowly while others have flown by. One thing is for sure, you are very, very loved lit...