Tuesday, July 5, 2011

2+7

I always thought it was 27, but the reality is it’s 2+7. Those are the numbers that surround my life. Those are the numbers that surround my love with Josh. It’s never been more clear to me than now, at 3 a.m. 
Josh first asked me to “change my Facebook status” on May 27 and officially become his girlfriend. I don’t know if he specifically chose the day because of the significance of the number 27 in my life or if the cards just happened to fall in the right spots and it was au naturale.
Something just tells me it was God. 
Before I met Josh, the number 27 was the age I thought something big or devastating would be happening. My grandmother died of Leukemia when she was 27 and my dad died in a car wreck when he was 27, but now that I think about it, I was born on 7-2 and may have broken the cycle. 
When we marry, Josh will be 27 and the date will be 2-25 which adds up to 27. The weirdest part is we didn’t plan for it. The 25th happens to fall on a Saturday, which ends up being the perfect day to get married.
And so, it only seems fitting for us to have seven bridesmaids and seven groomsmen. It’s such and odd number, but it’s perfect. This is a decision I’ve been struggling with for many reasons because I have so many close friends and people I want to be a part of the BIG DAY, and it’s hard to narrow it to a number like 3 or 4. I admire those who do it because surely it “looks better at the altar,” but this balance helps me see the clarity of my 2+7 relationship with the man I’m going to spend the rest of my life with. 
I’ve always worried about what other people may think and have even been guilty myself of seeing those brides who have many, many girls serving for them in weddings and thought wow, that can’t be special, but it is. It’s like in the movie “27 dresses” - see, there it is again - when at the end Kathryn Heigl is explaining why she’s standing up for these friends of hers she says “Someday, it'll be my day and then all those people will be there for me.” Each one of these ladies have a special significance in my life and so I decided I don’t care what other people think. I’m just going to do what feels right to me....it just so happens what’s right is 2(me + josh) + 7(our wedding party).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to your birth month Baby K

November is finally here. Some days have gone by more slowly while others have flown by. One thing is for sure, you are very, very loved lit...