Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Heaven, I’m in Heaven

**Note: Play the music in this video while you read the post**




In an unexpected twist of fate, I found my DRESS this weekend and it’s gorgeous!

I had just finished getting my oil changed when Deanna, my gal pal and oh so helpful wedding planner, called me and told me she was working a bridal event downtown called Brides Against Breast Cancer.

She said I should come check it out, and I thought to myself well I’m not in dress shape yet but sure why the heck not. So I called my mom and Becky (Josh’s mom) and asked if they wanted to go. Luckily both were available, and we had a blast. 

With Deanna’s help and input from the moms, I tried on between 12-15 dresses. 

We were finally able to narrow it down to two and then we decided one was unbeatable -- nontraditional, Spanish and PERFECT :) It still needs alterations, but we walked away with it for a great price and it all went to a great cause. 

I thought to myself, isn’t it awesome how God works? I’ve been worrying and worrying about my budget, but it’s all going to work out. I just need to keep praying and keep planning.

Oh, I forgot to mention while we were there, I won a raffle for two free wedding bands! When I heard my name, I was in the middle of trying on a dress and we all went running to collect our winnings. 

The experience was funny, fun and so memorable. The best part is it wasn’t like that show “Say Yes to the Dress” - no drama, and three hours later we’re walking away with the perfect dress at a fantastic price and two FREE wedding bands!

I don’t know what’s next, all I know is we are well on our way to a wedding :) !

1 comment:

Welcome to your birth month Baby K

November is finally here. Some days have gone by more slowly while others have flown by. One thing is for sure, you are very, very loved lit...