Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pinspiration to Fruition

I'm now ready to share some of the pins that inspired my Master Bedroom Design. Of course,  I have to make it all budget friendly and add my own spin to it. The first pin to catch my eye was the stripped dining room wall in the 3rd photo down. I loved the dramatic look of it and the mirrored art really set it off. The second pin to catch my eye was this photo was in picture number two. I love the color contrast of the gray and turquoise and the photo groupings! Finally, I found the third pin in the first photo which has these amazing yellow nightstands and I could tell they would really pop against my stripped wall.
Pinspiration -1
Pinspiration - 2
Pinspiration -3
Ok, here are the fruits of my labor :). This is my stripped wall with mirrored art from Marshalls. At first they were not going to sell it to me because the mirror was broken and they said it was a liability. When I expressed how much I HAD to have it, they priced it at $15 with a red ticket and I ran! haha. I also found the fun print blanket at Marshalls :)

Fruition
Fruition
Ok, now check out the yellow nightstands! I just repainted our current nightstands with and pint of yellow paint from Home Depot and while I was there I checked out what kind of vintage looking hardware they had. I found some perfect pulls for $1 on clearance and for $14 (paint included) I was able to transform these boring nightstands into something beautiful.

Fruition
Here is the photo wall I created from frames I found at garage sales and from my late meme. I think this is such a special wall to me for that reason. In the nook, you'll see a $30 craigslist leather chair that I was able to dye from blue to black and it's comfy and cute!

Fruition
This is our doggy corner. I was able to find this sign on clearance at Steinmart and you can't tell but the letters are glittery and super cute. We have two precious pups and so I painted "or 2" on the wall in a similar fashion. They have a bed, rug, toy bin, but usually they end up sleeping on our bed :)

Fruition
See my cute little pups and hubs in the picture above...they love the transformation. Our walls were a plain pinkish color before and now it's our own little retreat.

Fruition
So, what do you think of our Master Bedroom, and turning some pinspiration into fruition? Let's share ideas on Pinterest...follow me here.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Kevy Kev! I am so so so proud of you. You are just a little Pinterest wonder woman! Can you come transform our condo??? Pleeease!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girlfriend! You need to be blogging again. I love your words and photos...total inspirado! Need more from you! --Kate

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to your birth month Baby K

November is finally here. Some days have gone by more slowly while others have flown by. One thing is for sure, you are very, very loved lit...